ICD in-house customised short courses
ICD offers customised inhouse short courses to organanisations on a request basis. The courses are customised in terms of content, venue, timing and duration.
In-house training is a cost-effective approach for organisations that want to train six or more people offering the flexibility of choosing your own venue and timings and Tailoring the course to the needs of your organisation. The courses can be delivered as in-house training on the premises of your organisation; you and your staff don’t have to come to us – instead our trainers will do the legwork and come to you, meeting your training needs at the source. In-house training courses will either be:
- 'Off-the-shelf' – where a standard ICD course is delivered or
- Tailored– where ICD will write a new course, according to the brief received from Clients.
We can run most of our advertised training courses as an in-house event, plus others that we do not currently offer on our open training programme.
ICD offers in-house training that covers a strong portfolio of broad disciplines, including
- Computing and Information Technology Management (CITM
- Economic Management and Development Policy (EMDP)
- Energy and Sustainable Development ( EASD )
- Finance and Financial Management (FAFM)
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management (HSEM)
- Human Resources and Organisational Development (HROD)
- Land Agriculture and Food Security (LAFS)
- Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (LPSM)
- Marketing and Business Management (MABM)
- Microfinance and Enterprise Development (MAED)
- Project and Contracts Management (PACM)
- Secretarial and Office Administration (SAOM)
How Does in-house training Work
If multiple people within your organisation have the same learning needs, in-house training is likely to be the most effective training option as it will enable the maximum number of employees to engage in training at the lowest possible cost. Your organisation will supply the venue, equipment and trainees – ICD will then send its qualified trainers to your organisation to facilitate the course on your premises and on your terms. All of which means you can enjoy lower costs and increased flexibility.
Where Does ICD conduct in-house Courses
We can run in-house training almost anywhere in the world. The only limiting factors are language and the safety and security of our trainers. All ICD courses are available in English. Due to the training approach we use, we are not able to work with interpreters so we therefore require learners to have a good standard of written and spoken English. If a client needs us to travel to an area considered a high security risk, we require that the trainer is included in the organisation’s security policy and insurance.
Benefits of in-house Training
Having ICD deliver a training course in-house has a number of benefits to your organisation; benefits that are both financial and practical…
- Lower cost: It is often more cost effective to have courses delivered at venues of your choice rather than you and your staff having to travel to another site.
- Trainers talk your language: In order to make training relevant to your staff, we use examples and illustrations from your business sector and cut out the jargon to encourage easier learning.
- Team building: The cost savings associated with in-house training usually mean that more of your staff can participate on a course, which in turn means that in-house courses can enjoy a positive atmosphere. In fact, engaging in training as a group and undertaking activities and discussions together can also serve as a team-building exercise, strengthening the bonds between your employees and improving morale.
The combination of all of the above means that your organisation can enjoy the maximum return on your training and development investment with ICD’s in-house training courses
What ICD Provides for in-house Training
ICD will provide:
- One to two trainers for up to 25 participants
- Course handbooks and workbooks, complimentary items and pens, and certificates
- End-of-course evaluation and a brief feedback report on the course
- Agreed Follow up support to course participants via email for 12 months after the training.
- We will also organise the trainer’s international travel, general health insurance and the printing of all training resource materials.
In-house clients are responsible for:
- Ensuring the training group is suitable for the course being delivered
- Organising course bookings and participants’ logistics
- Hiring training facilities and equipment suitable for participatory-style group training
- Arranging lunch & refreshments for participants and trainer
- Arranging in-country accommodation
- For specially written (tailored) courses, we calculate the course fee according to the number of days needed for course development and facilitation.
Other ICD expenses added to the course fee include:
- Trainer’s travel time charge (from half to two days according to actual travel time)
- Trainer’s actual travel costs (to/from airports, to/from training location, visa fees) and per diem
- Course materials/manuals and training consumables
- The cost of transporting the course materials by courier
When you are working out your budget to run the training, don’t forget to include other costs that ICD is not responsible for, such as:
Training venue – e.g. room hire, training stationery, food and refreshments Participants’ costs – e.g. travel, accommodation, meals
We will provide you with a budget showing a breakdown of all ICD’s charges and contract costs, and terms of reference (TORs) outlining what each party is responsible for. TORs are valid for a duration as shall be agreed by parties. Normally an invoice for a deposit of 50% of the course fee will be issued once TORs are signed, to secure the dates and booking.
All of ICD’s training courses can be delivered by our qualified trainers in-house at a location of your choice. To find the course or courses that are suitable for you please browse through our 2015 Training Calendars/Schedule. For more information about in-house training courses, feel free to contact us directly.