VISA Application to South Africa
For delegates coming from non-visa exempt countries please ensure that you apply for your VISa at least 2-3 weeks prior to your coming for your short course. ICD cannot speed up VISA p
- You will need:
- A valid passport or travel document that will be valid for the length of your intended stay. Your passport should have at least one blank page in it.
- A valid visa, if required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates – if your journey starts or passes through the yellow fever belt of Africa.
- Documents required to apply for a visa
- A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
- A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
- Payment of the prescribed fee
- A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit – Letter of Acceptance from ICD/ICD visa supporting letter
- Two colour passport photographs
- Proof of Hotel Booking
- Depending on your nationality, and the purpose and duration of your visit, you may not need a visa to visit South Africa.
- See the Department of Home Affairs' list of exemptions from South African visas
- Check the list of South African offices abroad for information on where to apply in your own country.
- The RSA Embassy will give you the breakdown on visa costs, processing time, where to apply, what to submit, requirements for people in transit, as well as information relating to your duration and purpose of stay.